As a Development/Operation Engineer at All Web Leads, you will be responsible for ensuring continuous business operations and system continuity through ownership of our infrastructure, software, and associated systems. You’ll be part of a highly agile team and will be exposed to a variety of challenges and opportunities, including opportunities in Virtualization, Multiple datacenters, and Cloud Computing technologies. To be successful one must apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues within a complex system that is highly driven by analytics and metrics.
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure the correct design, implementation, and scalability of systems that must operate in a Highly Available manner.
- Perform daily system monitoring, assist in problem root cause determination across a variety of systems
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Implement automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Manage distributed infrastructure across multiple physical datacenters on a highly virtualized stack running VMWare Enterprise.
- Manage networking across multiple datacenters, Amazon Web Services, and a geo-diverse workforce
- Familiarity with application critical SQL databases running under a 24/7/365 environment
- Troubleshooting of Windows OS, IIS, Linux, Apache, PHP and other applications.
- Provide 24x7 support by participating in an on-call rotation
- Participate in a highly collaborative cross functional environment
- 2+ years of experience as a systems administrator, network administrator, or Dev/Ops engineer
- Experience in Virtualized environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- Experience administering Windows and Linux Systems
- Experience working with application-tier infrastructure
- Networking knowledge: Production and non-production networks, network design, network troubleshooting
- Experience with Enterprise level monitoring tools – Cacti, Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus, MRTG
- Experience with scripting and/or writing code in at least one object-oriented language
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- A never give up attitude and a desire to dig in deeper when investigating a problem
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience administering, supporting, and debugging mission critical database infrastructure (MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle)
- Experience designing and maintaining Highly Available infrastructure
- Certification(s) with Amazon Web Services and multi-region configuration and deployment
- Certification(s) with VMWare
- Certification(s) with Cisco Network and Blade infrastructure
- Certification(s) with F5 Network equipment
- Certification(s) with Enterprise-class database administration and operation (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Experience with configuration management and associated deployment methods (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Windows Network administration and security
- End user PC remote management and deployment methods
AWL (All Web Leads, Inc.) is one of the most successful customer acquisition marketing companies in the US. Simply put, we help our customers acquire customers. Today, we do this for the US insurance industry. Our amazing team of over 550 talented and successful professionals uses Internet marketing to turn consumer interest in insurance products into policy sales for the world’s largest insurance carriers and more than 20,000 of their agents. We are Austin-born and our growth from a 2-person startup in 2005 to a highly profitable business has been remarkable. We are a tight-knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture that was just named Austin Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work - #4 in Large Business sector! We provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.
Benefits and Perks
AWL on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIdMP1R8Sgg